6 Week Course with Susan Hyatt
Webinars every Tuesday June 25 – July 30, 2:00 – 3:00 pm MT
SPECIAL BONUS: Q and A Sessions every Friday June 28 – August 2, 10:00 – 11:00 am MDT
Special Early Bird Price Only $99. Savings of $200!
Businesses are bombarded daily with requests from nonprofit organizations, all working on critical local issues. Do you know how to make your organization stand out?
Many nonprofits have limited experience thinking of business relationships as being a two-way street or viewing themselves as assets capable of addressing business needs. Instead, when talking to business people, they focus on self-promotion and their own needs.
- Are you tired of feeling like your organization is always “begging” for dollars with limited results?
- Do you wonder how to have a potential business partner see the value of an alliance with your nonprofit organization?
- Do you know what businesses really want from their community connections and involvement?
- Do you have a clear sense of what assets your nonprofit brings to the table in any partnership with a business?
- Have you thought about what organizational needs, beyond dollars, a business partnership could help you address?
- Are you treating your existing business partners as “cash cows” or do you have a deeper win-win relationship?
However, to create a long-term, sustainable partnership or connection, both sides must benefit just like in any other lasting relationship. What’s more, businesses and nonprofits often have trouble communicating with each other about expectations, roles, and desired outcomes for their joint efforts in the community. It’s as if they come from two different worlds.
This course will help your nonprofit organization develop strategic, win/win connections with businesses that give you access to resources that can truly benefit your work.
Special Early Bird Price – Only $99!
Specifically, as a result of attending this course you will:
- Strategize possible business partnerships for your organization;
- Clarify the SPECIFIC desired outcomes of partnerships with businesses;
- Be able to define the benefits to businesses from partnering with your organization;
- Know the critical steps for researching and then making contact with a potential business partner;
- Learn essential tips for developing strong relationships with your business partners;
- Evaluate and share your successes with your stakeholders; and
- Create strong recognition and appreciation practices.
OVERVIEW OF THE 6 WEEK INTENSIVE COURSE:
- Weekly 60 Minute Webinars – one module per week (NOTE: These will be recorded so you can access the information later to review or in case you miss a session)
- Webinar Materials PLUS “Homework” Worksheets and Exercises – to help you translate and apply the content to your specific organization
- SPECIAL BONUS: Weekly 60 Minute Q and A Sessions (optional) – open forums to ask whatever questions you have about the module content or specifics of applying the materials and concepts to your organization
MEET YOUR TRAINER, SUSAN HYATT:
Susan Hyatt is the founder and CEO of Core Thought, a training and consulting firm specialized in effective business-nonprofit partnerships. Sue is the four-time award winning author of Strategy for Good: Business Giving Strategies for the 21st Century. Her clients have included CARE, Habitat for Humanity, Save the Children, Pathfinder International, Heifer International, the US Agency for International Development, dozens of businesses and hundreds of local, national, and international nonprofit organizations/NGOs.
Sue worked extensively throughout the U.S. with nonprofit organizations and government agencies running national service programs (AmeriCorps State and National, VISTA, NCCC, Learn and Serve America, and Senior Corps – Foster Grandparent, Senior Companion, and the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) for eighteen years providing consulting, facilitation, curriculum design, and training. She also served as the training and technical assistance manager for 50 governor-appointed state service commissions (plus two territories) tasked with overseeing AmeriCorps programming and promoting cross-sector collaboration using service as a strategy to address local issues.
Sue has created state and national training programs for nonprofit and agency staff and board members on topics including strategic public-private and tri-sector partnerships, leadership, board development, performance measurement and program evaluation.
THE COURSE MODULES:
“Susan Hyatt is an energetic speaker with a lot of concrete experiences that helped broaden my understanding of corporate nonprofit partnerships. I now have more in depth knowledge and am really motivated to step out and add local partnerships!”
Program Director, Iowa Governor’s Conference on Volunteerism, Des Moines, IA
Module 1: Nonprofit Sustainability Basics
Module 2: Understanding and Tapping Into Business Needs and Giving Trends
Module 3: Think Out of the Box: Ways to Engage with Businesses
Module 4: Identifying Potential Business Supporters and Making Contact<
Module 5: Growing the Relationship and Expressing Gratitude
Module 6: The Added Edge: Measuring and Reporting Success
For details about each module, Click Here.
A powerhouse of information, knowledge and a brilliant speaker on the power of giving and partnerships between businesses and nonprofits. Sue Hyatt delivers and will leave you with valuable wisdom to elevate your efforts – bringing more resources to your organization!
Andrea Costantine, Andrea Costantine International, Inc., Denver, CO
Special Early Bird Price Until 6/15 – Only $99!